The theme for our Building Champions Experience this year is Contribution: You Have More to Give. I started thinking about this theme, and wondered how I would answer the following 2 questions:
1) Why do I have more to give?
2) Why do I have more to give?
At this point you may be thinking: Wait a minute! That’s just one question! Actually, it’s two different questions, asked with the same words.
Let’s address the first one: Why do I have more to give?
I have more to give because I haven’t given all I can. Although there could be a thousand reasons for that, let’s just consider a few:
- I may not have given all I can because I’m lazy. (I doubt that’s true for most readers of Irrefutable Success!)
- I may not have given all I can because I don’t know how.
- I may not have given all I can because I am afraid I will not have enough left over.
- I may not have given all I can because I didn’t realize I have something worth giving.
- I may not have given all I can because I don’t know where to give it.
Here are a couple of things you can do:
1) Ask someone you trust to help you determine in which areas of your life or business that you should give more than you are currently giving. Set up regular times to meet with them and ask them to hold you accountable.
2) Submit a question at the bottom of this blog post. Determine the most likely reason why you haven’t been giving your all and ask other readers what they have done to increase their giving in that area.
Now for the second question: Why do I have more to give?
Ok, so you couldn’t hear the inflection in my voice. Read that question again, and put the emphasis on the word “I.” So why do YOU have more to give?
I believe that you were created to give – not just once or twice a year, but constantly. It’s when we give that we truly live.
I once read in scripture that it is more blessed to give than to receive. Upon first take, I wasn’t sure I understood, or even agreed. To me, it was much more fun to receive than to give. But that’s not what the scripture said. My dad then asked a question that forever changed how I looked at that statement: “Would you rather receive because you are in need… or give because you are blessed?”
I believe you will always be blessed with more when you truly believe that you are meant to give it away.
Give more, because you have more to give!